Steve C. Wang: Speaks
2. Evaluating the age selectivity of contemporary extinctions with Phanerozoic credentials and bulk extinctions, Geobiology Symposium XXVII, school of Pennsylvania, March 2020.
1. Estimating the period and speed from the Cambrian explosion, Geological Society of The usa total Meeting 2019, Phoenix, September 2019. [abstract]
4. become most of us getting into an innovative size termination?, Swarthmore summertime students regimen, July 2019.
3. motivating student inquiries (mini-talk), NSE Inclusive superiority showing lunch series, Swarthmore institution, February 2019.
2. become all of us entering a forward thinking weight termination?, professors Lunch television series, Swarthmore institution, November 2018.
1. Evaluating age selectivity of modern extinctions with Phanerozoic background and bulk extinctions, Geological Our society of The united states gross appointment 2018, Indianapolis, December 2018. [abstract]
3. bookkeeping for a relationship anxiety in paleontological analyses, Geobiology Symposium XXVI, college of Pennsylvania, Feburary 2018.
2. sales for internet dating doubt in paleontological analyses, Geological culture of The united states gross fulfilling 2017, Seattle, March 2017. [abstract]
2. becoming Research-Active in Teaching-Focused Colleges (wanted decorate), fit Statistical conferences, Baltimore, May 2017. [abstract]
1. Fossil-based dating associated with the divergence of Hominoidea and Cercopithecoidea, Geological people of America total Meeting 2016, Denver.
3. How We know very well what Most of us Don’t grasp: making use of data to see the as yet not known, information Fair, Strath Haven university, May 2016.
2. Fossil-based relationships with the divergence of Hominoidea and Cercopithecoidea, Geobiology Symposium XXIV, University of Pennsylvania, Feburary 2016.
1. Adaptive credible intervals on stratigraphic mileage as soon as healing prospective was undiscovered, Geological environment of The country total fulfilling 2015, Baltimore, December 2015. [abstract]
4. All wildlife fantastic and lightweight: the historical past of pet measurement advancement, staff meal show, Swarthmore school, April 2015
3. All animals excellent and tiny: the annals of animal size history, mathematics 3 (Mathematical wondering), customer lecture, Swarthmore institution, April 2015
2. All animals excellent and tiny: the history of animal dimensions along the Phanerozoic, Geobiology Symposium XXIII, University of Pennsylvania, Feburary 2015.
1. calculating the span and speed on the Cambrian blast, Geological world of America Annual conference 2014, Vancouver, April 2014. [abstract]
4. Estimating the quantity of Pulses in a size termination, Geobiology Symposium XXII, University of Pennsylvania, Feburary 2014.
3. how you understand what We really do not understand: utilizing Statistics to determine the unfamiliar, Energy Insurance Mutual possibilities Managers info conference, Orlando, February 2014.
2. Visualizing large-scale styles making use of time-varying change-vs-ancestor patch, Geological culture of The country gross Meeting 2013, Denver, July 2013 [abstract].
1. how you understand what We really do not recognize: making use of research to locate the unfamiliar, one-day school, New York City, September 2013.
2. Dating the Demise of the Dinosaurs, 2nd Tuesday practice Cafe, Swarthmore school, might 2013.
1. calculating the volume of Pulses in a weight termination, Geological environment of The country total fulfilling 2012, Charlotte, November 2012 [abstract].
2. Within- and among-genus elements of proportions dynamics during weight termination and healing, Geobiology Symposium XX, institution of Pennsylvania, Feburary 2012.
1. Within- and among-genus components of foraminiferan proportions dynamics during size extinction, recuperation, and environment intervals, Geological people of The country total conference 2011, Minneapolis, July 2011 [abstract].
7. Getting Your papers Published, department of herbal Sciences summertime address series, Swarthmore College, July 2011.
6. going out with the Demise for the Dinosaurs, section of Mathematics, Bucknell institution, March 2011.
4. Dating the Demise on the Dinosaurs, Guest lecture, Geology 203, Department of Geology, Bryn Mawr institution, December 2010.
3. Good PowerPoint Demonstrations, Beardsley News Center/ITS, Swarthmore College, December 2010.
2. basics of Statistical Inference: probability as well Bayesian prototype, Paleontological country Short Course, Geological Our society of The usa Annual Meeting 2010, Denver, July 2010.
1. Paleontology, reports, Earthquakes, and Why You Should Start Smoking (?), staff dinner series, Swarthmore institution, Sep 2010.
9. Giving a conversation utilizing PowerPoint, Division of All natural Sciences summertime class show, Swarthmore College, July 2010.
8. Modeling dinners internet fall through the end-Permian Mass Extinction, section of Geology, industry art gallery of holistic record, April 2010.
6. matchmaking the Demise associated with Dinosaurs, Hadly laboratory, division of biological science, Stanford college, January 2010.
5. Statistical problems in Paleontology, team of stats, Stanford school, January 2010.
4. altering termination numbers for Taxonomic Susceptibility, Division of Paleontology, United states art gallery of healthy records, December 2009.
2. self-esteem stretches through the duration of a size termination, Geological country of The country household Meeting 2009, Portland, April 2009 [abstract].
1. bookkeeping when it comes to Signor-Lipps result in Estimating the time of a weight Extinction, Payne laboratory, team of Geological and Environmental Sciences, Stanford school, September 2009.
5. The best, unhealthy, and also the hideous: theory and issues of showing facts, department of holistic Sciences summer lecture show, Swarthmore school, July 2009.
3. bookkeeping for all the Signor-Lipps benefit in Estimating the time of a bulk termination , Geobiology Symposium XVII, team of Paleobiology, state art gallery of All-natural record, Smithsonian establishment, Feburary 2009.
2. esteem stretches on Stratigraphic selections If Recovery possibilities happens to be unidentified, Geological culture of The united states total appointment 2008, Houston, Oct 2008 [abstract].
1. remembering the 85th christmas of Herman Chernoff as well as the 35th birthday celebration of their “the utilization of confronts to Represent pointers in K-Dimensional Space Graphically”, asked consult, Quintessential advantages: Celebrating Major 1st birthdays of Statistical points in addition to their Inventors, Harvard institution, Sep 2008.
10. Visualizing Managerial approaches in football, spot Statistical group meetings, Denver, August 2008. [abstract].
9. Bunts, Steals, and Pitchouts: Visualizing Managerial Strategies in Baseball, Ride the Tide to Swarthmore [prospective people’ event], April 2008.
8. Visualizing Managerial procedures in hockey, customer lecture, mathematics 3: overview of statistical planning (Prof. Gene Klotz), Swarthmore University, April 2008.
7. altering termination charge for Taxonomic Susceptibility, called discuss, Ecolunch, Department of Biology, school of Pennsylvania, March 2008.
6. Confidence periods on Stratigraphic mileage when recuperation Capability are not known, Geobiology Symposium XVI, institution of Pennsylvania, Feburary 2008.
5. Visualizing managing ways, bid chat, AAAS gross appointment, Boston, March 2008. [abstract]. (additionally witness here for media insurance.)
4. What Brought About the Permian Extinction? Using Markov Chain Monte Carlo to research the most significant weight termination really, welcomed chat, Department of Mathematical Sciences, Villanova school, February 2008.
3. Modeling provisions Net Collapse inside End-Permian termination, visitor class, Physics 120: Physics of Biological Systems, Swarthmore college or university, March 2008.
2. Adjusting Extinction Rate for Taxonomic Susceptibility. Geological country of The united states household Meeting 2007, Denver, March 2007 [abstract].
1. Markov cycle Monte Carlo: benefiting from potential, section of math and studies, Swarthmore college or university, Sep 2007.
8. finding the actual concepts of Statistical designs, joints Statistical group meetings, sodium river City, May 2007. [abstract].